My name is Rachel. I am in the middle of my adventure of a lifetime. Recently, I quit my job in a career I had been building for 10 years, and relocated from San Francisco to Malta. I am pretty sure it’s safe to say that I am in the midst of a self-proclaimed 1/3 life crisis – not mid-life (I’d like to live to be older than 60…).
My adventure is not all fun and games, though, I am going to school in Malta, working towards my second and third Master degrees. Yup. In nine months time, I will have three Master’s. Overachiever, much?
Prior to leaving for my adventure I was employed as the Director of Branding and Social Media for a collegiate athletic department. Want to know more about the boring stuff? Check out my LinkedIn profile.
I guess maybe I should tell you about some of the non-boring things about me. So, with the help of some Oprah-inspired questions, I give you me.
- Who was your favorite celebrity as a child?
Cal Ripken Jr.
- What is your favorite color?
- What word describes you best?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
Earning my first Master’s degree without paying a cent
- What drives you every day?
My desire to learn something new everyday
- What is your business goal this year?
To figure out what that is
- Where do you like to vacation?
- Who do you admire?
Those that take complete pride in who they are
- What is your mission?
To be the best that I can be
- What would you do with a million dollars?
Buy a high rise condo – paying rent is the pits
- If you were on an island, who would you want to be with? Why?
Heidi. No matter where we are, laughter follows
- You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about?
Do you the best you can.